Monday, November 1, 2010

10/31/2010 Dinner @ Home

Pork Sirloin Tip smothered in garlic and slow cooking in oven

Gathering at table

Fingerling potatoes
I cooked a pork sirloin tip, 2 portions, purchased at Costco for $15 (for 4 portions, we just cooked 2). I seared it quickly in olive oil thinking I could make it crispy on the skin, but stopped b/c there a.) wasn't skin and b.) I knew I had to cook it for 2 more hours. I then seasoned it w/ salt and pepper, rosemary, and fresh chopped garlic and put in oven for 2 hours at 300 degrees. Just before it finished I squirted some lemon, but there wasn't any lemon in the taste. Ah well. (Next time I plan to inject the meat with marinade but I was too lazy to make a second trip to another grocery store).

We also did fingerling potatoes, covered in olive oil, thyme, garlic, and rosemary as well as salt and pepper. Cooked at 500 degrees for almost 40 minutes (the recipe was a lie).

Finally, we had delicious foccacia bread from costco with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We also had a tasty salad brought by friends. We drank a Pinot Noir (decent) and Beth made fresh sugar cookies to complete it.

Go Giants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment